The cost of 9/11.
· 2,977 lives lost on 9/11
· Nearly 3,000 children lost parents
· Increased risks to leukemia and prostate cancer for 9/11 responders exposed to the toxic environment at Ground Zero
· Over 2,000 deaths linked to 9/11-related illness
· More than 3,400 people enrolled in the World Trade Center Health Care Program have died
· 4,418 U.S. military casualties in Afghanistan
· 9/11 victims are still being identified 20 years after the attacks
WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
Bravery does not mean action without fear. Bravery is overcoming fear to do what needs to be done.
They were walking into hell on earth. The damage and fire were devastating. People were jumping and hitting the ground in front of them. How horrific a situation that so many chose to jump and die to escape the heat.
But like all the others assigned to the rescue/fire mission, they went in to try and save lives.
God bless the souls of these brave men.
Squad 288 entering the WTC. All perished.